Friday, March 27, 2009

Burning In Stomach And Throat

Chimi-churri, a longlasting Colombian love story!

Editor's Note: Post modified March 28th

Apparently, according to Wiki, that would Churra Chimi from Argentina. According to Ivan, she is of Colombian origin.

According To Wiki, The Chimes-churri Comes from Argentina. According To Ivan, It Comes from Colombia. Pick your battle.

is a sauce made of coriander, used on grilled meats. If you talk to a Colombian, he will tell you that this sauce can be used on meats. By cons, if you want, you can use it on anything, but it will be less traditional - my colleagues working in the U.S. have asked my Colombian colleagues if we could use the chemical churri as salad dressing. My colleague Colombian refutes all uses other than meat. Elle m'a fait penser a mon ex-collegue italien en Suede...les Suedois utilisent de la sauce bearnaise sur les pizzas a son grand desespoir...

It is a cilantro sauce, used on grilled meats. If you talk to a Colombian, he/she would tell you that Chimi-churri can only be used on meats. However, you can use it on anything you want, but it is not going as traditional as when using it on meats. You are warned!
My US colleagues asked my Colombian colleague if they could use the Chimi-Churri as salad dressing, and they got a "no at all" as answer. This discussion reminded me my Italian colleague in Sweden. He was quite desperate to see Swedish people enjoying With pizza Bearnaise sauce

Pizza med bearnaisesås:

Here is my recipe Chimi Churra, it comes from the Sunday edition of The Wall Street Journal :

130 gr coriander
70 gr parsley
120 ml olive oil
80 ml of red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic - I used 4
5 grams of dried red chili
2.5 gr cumin
5 to 6 grams of salt - I do ai pas utilise, car nous ne mangeons pas de sel, mais je conseille vivement de saler la sauce en fonction des gouts de chacun!

Here comes the Chimi-Churri recipe, taken from the Sunday edition of the Wall Street Journal:

1 cup cilantro leaves
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves -
I used 4 garlic cloves because we love it!
3/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp ground cumin

1 tsp coarse salt - I didn't use any salt, only because We Do not eat salt, to feel free to salt your taste buds According To

For my version has a mango, I simply replaced by eating parsley entire, very mature - she had stayed two weeks in my fridge.

For the Mango version, I Replaced The parsley With A Whole ripped mango. Make sure The Mango est très ripped (mine Waited in my fridge for Two weeks) so thats the Taste of the mango really IS this

0 comments:

Post a Comment